Friday, June 19, 2009

My Dream CAN Come True!

So, I was googling and thought "hmm, I wonder if there really is such a thing as pickled lip gloss? because then my life would be complete" Guess what, there is and I can make it. It looks like it might be a little difficult to find some of the ingredients, but farely simple to make. Here is what I will attempt. Please let me know if you have suggestions on where to find any of the ingredients. Oh yeah, and I also came across this website, which might be one of the strangest blogs I've run into.

http://pickledpunk.blogspot.com/


Dill Pickle Lip Gloss
Makes 4 1/3 oz. Roll-On Bottles


Ingredients
2 teaspoons Glycerin
1/4 ounce Grape Seed Oil
1/4 ounce Cucumber Seed Oil
10 drops Dill Seed Essential Oil
1 - 2 drops Liquid FD&C Blue #1
2 - 4 drops Liquid FD&C Yellow #5

Directions
In a small paper cup, mix the Glycerin and Liquid Dyes together, to create a lovely shade of green. In a second cup, mix together the Grapeseed Oil, Cucumber Seed Oil, and Dill Seed Essential Oils. Carefully Pour the Glycerin Mixture evenly between four 1/3 oz. Roll-On Bottles. Next, pour the Oil mixture between the four bottles. Cap the bottles, then shake well. The mixture inside the bottles will separate, creating a lovely, two layered appearance.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

That's so nasty Sarah:) Good find! Hope you're well amiga!